Sunday, August 12, 2012

Question about Dark Tide

After finishing Dark Tide, I had many different reactions towards it. I liked the way the book was organized and the content that made it interesting to read. I especially liked how the beginning of the novel explained the events from an individuals' perspective, and then caught up with the stories at the end and how each person or family played a factor in history.


My question for my classmates is: What do you think can be learned more about from this book considering the setting; the troubles of an industrializing country; or the functionality of the legal system?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we can learn from the fact the setting was an industrializing country. In a time period such as the one this story occurs in, industrial alcohol is a major factor in the economy. As we all know from reading Dark Tide, this product is made from molasses. So, we can learn that without the struggle of an industrializing country this flood may have never occurred.

    ReplyDelete