Monday, August 27, 2012

August Assignment

1.  I believe that Freakonomics was written in order to give readers a different perspective on thinking.  Freakonomics taught a way to think that I feel most people do not use.  Freakonomics goes into the ways economist think and I believe is even written in the way that economist think issues through.  I found my process of thinking begin to change as I read Freakonomics, I assume that this was a hope when writing this book.  Not only did this book teach me a new way of thinking, but Freakonomics also helped me to ask many more questions and think about many more issues.  Every morning I had already been reading the news and trying to stay current on today's issues.  What started to change though was my actions after reading an important world issue I began to think about what was the true underlying cause of the issue and my own possible improvement.  I also began to research issues more and started to understand every part of the issue and no longer skip over parts that I did not understand.

2.  My question for the class about Freakonomics is what if everyone in the world went through the thought process an economist goes through before actions or as issues arise throughout life?

No comments:

Post a Comment