My discussion question about Dark Tide is : How do you think this story would be different if not as many character viewpoints were included? What would some positive and negative results of this change be?
I imagine the story would not have been as relative to the audience because the stories offer a personal insight into a historical event. However, it could be positive in the sense that history should be shown more objectively to those seeking to learn it.
I think the story would have been easier to follow without as many viewpoints. I got very confused trying to follow so many different people in the story that I believe if Puleo got rid of three characters the book would have been more comprehensible to the reader. One downside would be that maybe some of the impact that the reader does get would be taken away and the disaster might not have looked as bad if there weren't so many people we were following who were impacted
I imagine the story would not have been as relative to the audience because the stories offer a personal insight into a historical event. However, it could be positive in the sense that history should be shown more objectively to those seeking to learn it.
ReplyDeleteI think the story would have been easier to follow without as many viewpoints. I got very confused trying to follow so many different people in the story that I believe if Puleo got rid of three characters the book would have been more comprehensible to the reader. One downside would be that maybe some of the impact that the reader does get would be taken away and the disaster might not have looked as bad if there weren't so many people we were following who were impacted
ReplyDelete